SRHR & HIV TESTING
LEGABIBO aims to integrate a legal, ethical and human rights dimension into the response to
the sexual reproductive and health rights of all people without discrimination on any basis
whatsoever and to support public health interests by establishing an environment that enables
lesbians, gays and bisexual people to protect themselves and others from the violation of their
basic human rights. To achieve these, we provide the following services.
- Routine HIV Testing and Counselling– Testing , initiation into treatment (ART )
- Support LGBTI people to access support for retention, adherence and ART literacy.
- Promotion of viral load testing among KPLHIV by following up and referring
KPLHIV who are due for viral load testing
- Distribution of commodities (condoms , lubricants , Dental Dams , finger cots )
- Creating Demand and linking LGBTI people to access Pre-Exposure Prophylaxis
We offer psychosocial support for LGBTI, parents and family. Our services are confidential
and are handled by counsellors with extensive experience in this field. We have a counsellor
in both our Gaborone and Francistown Offices and offer the following services.
- Individual and couples counselling
- Referrals to Mental Health and Psychosocial support services.
We offer legal support and advice to LGBTIQ persons PFLAG through consultations with
Human rights lawyers and para legals who provide free consultations.